Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Last Year::Riley's birth.



This time last year I was sitting in a hospital bed waiting for Riley's arrival. I had been induced at 8 that morning and we were expecting her to come by that night... But she didn't come. I remember thinking that I was going to be there all week just waiting. I wasn't making any progress, even with the pitocin all the way up. I remember getting contractions but thinking I was just having cramps. The doctor would come in every few hours and tell me she's arrive within 3 hours. She still didn't come. The following day, even after having my water broken there was no progress. Finally later that night we decided to do a c-section because apparently my hips were too narrow and she was brow presenting. All I could think about was how I wasted two days of my life in a bed when we could have cut her out hours ago.


Most people would have been upset about having a c-section. That's what they tell me:) It didn't bother me. I was just happy that my baby girl was finally here and safely. I remember meeting her for the first time and thinking she was too pale to be my child but I loved her anyways! (Here is the post we posted after she was born: Riley's birth) I think everyone got to hold her before me. I was okay with that. When I finally got to hold her, I was in amazement that God gave her to Leif and I. I had a hard time believing that the baby growing inside of me the last 9 months was finally here and was even more wonderful than I had imagined.

We got to take Riley home on Thanksgiving. I was so happy about that. I was scared I would be spending Thanksgiving in the hospital, especially since I had had a c-section. I had barely stayed two days when my doctor gave me the okay to go home. I was so thankful and excited to be able to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family and also introduce Riley to everyone.

This year I'm even more excited for the holiday because Riley will be one, eating with us, and playing. Such a difference in one year! I'm so thankful for my little girl and the joy she's brought to our lives!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Riley! such a great story :)

stacy di said...

I love your photos...and a huge happy birthday to your sweet Riley!

Rana said...

What a sweet birth story. She was such a beautiful baby and now a beautiful big one year old. Congratulations!

Chanel said...

happy birthday to Riley!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Riley. You are truly blessed.

Beautifully.Conjured.Up said...

I know I'm late, but Happy Birthday Riley!!!!! I wish you many more *smile.*

Patty said...

adorable!

ValeriesWorld said...

Happy Birthday Riley and God bless you Margaret abd Leif! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Rania said...

Happy Belated Bday Riley! My first son almost shares her bday too! If she's anything like him, she'll be AWESOME! hahaha

Great birthday salute to your precious baby girl!
Rania