Monday, June 7, 2010

Catching Up.


  Its 4:30 in the morning and I'm sitting here trying to catch up on blogs I haven't read in... well weeks. Then I'm going to go through emails and attempt to write some people back, unless sleep over takes me. And I'd make some phone calls if it wasn't so early in the morning:)

  I'm in the process of learning how to balance so many things at once.  Can I just say that I really admire mothers who work!  So admirable.  I didn't realize just how difficult it would be for me to keep up my normal house duties while starting my photography business.  My poor little house has been neglected and my poor husband hasn't had breakfast or dinner made as often as usual.  I haven't stepped foot in the gym in about two weeks and who knows the last time I had "me-time". I think though I might be getting the hang of it... I'm really learning time management.  I thought I knew all there was to know about time management but I was oh so wrong.  Things are looking up though and I like to think they can only get better. Soon I'll be supermom! Or something close to that.

 I should be sleeping because morning is fast approaching but its so quiet and I feel refreshed in a way.  I've been able to collect my thoughts and reflecting on the last few weeks.  I can't remember the last time I just sat and thought without holding a baby or making dinner.  This is such a beautiful time of day.

Goodnight.
 

5 comments:

Already Happy said...

I love this photo so much. It is absolutely timeless.

Already Happy said...

I actually wrote that comment before I read the post. I agree, you really will be supermom soon! And I am guilty also, of staying up later than I should just for the peace.

Take care of yourself!

Rana said...

I'm right there with ya, I should be sleeping it's a little after midnight right now. Sometimes the quiet of the night is the only chance you get to catch up and regroup.

Love the picture of Riley.

Meant to be a mom said...

Hey!! I for whatever reason am not getting your updates when you do new posts. So I quit following and had to re-follow. Hopefully now I can get them :)

I hear you about the house being neglected. I feel the same exact way. Its just so exhausting to keep up with it all. And you have two kids. So I can only imagine.
I have to make lists while I'm at work if I get a second and make sure I have a good idea of what needs to get done that night, and what I would like to do if I have a little extra time. Sometimes the list gets done and sometimes I go to bed feeling like nothing got accomplished.
Your doing just fine. As long as your kids and hubby are fed and clean when they go to bed and they smile at you happily you know your biggest job is done :)

Moorea Seal said...

amen sister, i am EXHAUSTED from working on getting Etsy ready to relaunch while managing toooons of other work. and im not even a mom!!! how do you do it! wonder woman :)