Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 1 in Oregon!

   Here are a few pictures from our first day in Oregon. It was also my 23rd birthday! We stayed over night in some little town close to Redding.  At first I was really unsure about it because we found this couple on couchsurfer and I was sure we were going to get murdered. We got off the freeway and had to drive back into the woods and it just got darker and darker. I was not a happy camper.

   I made Leif go in first and he was greeted by the sweetest little woman. I was relieved and slept pretty well that night. The house was beautiful and I kind of hope I have a log cabin house someday. I also think that the next time we drive up to Oregon we'll stop over in Redding. Its nice taking a break and waking up totally refreshed and ready for 7 hours of driving. 




    It was wonderful to be back in Oregon. I love it more and more each time we visit.  My mother in law made me enchiladas and a cake!  Best enchiladas I've ever had. And my birthday cake was pretty awesome too:) I got to blow out these super cool candles and I hope I can find candles similar for Riley's 2nd birthday.  It was a good way to celebrate my birthday. I loved it. 


    I was happy that my two sisters and my father in law were finally able to meet Beck. That was one of the best parts of the trip. It never gets easier living apart from family. I pray that sometime soon we'll either be able to move back to L.A. or up to Oregon. I really want my kids to be close to their grandparents.  They grow up so fast! 

No comments: