Friday, May 8, 2009

Milestones.


The last few weeks Riley has reached a lot of different milestones. She holds her bottle now with no help, always grabbing it out of my hands. That makes shopping and going out much easier for us. She sits without support, and can actually stop herself from falling over by putting her hands out. Riley holds her spoon and I let her feed herself when I'm in the mood to be patient:) Otherwise I hold her hand, cause she'll grab the spoon from me, so we can get it over with. Her first tooth broke through a couple of weeks ago which we weren't expecting at all. I hate sticking my finger in her mouth because she'll chomp down and it hurts! She's reaching for everything and anything, if she's sitting on my lap I have to make sure she can't touch anything. Or else it'll all end up on the floor or in her mouth. What I'm most excited about is Riley can now scoot and crawl a bit. Thankfully she can't go far so I don't have to baby proof everything. But everyday she seems to go a bit further...

I wasn't expecting all of this so soon, but I guess Riley has other plans.

2 comments:

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

Yay Riley! I know what you mean about not expecting stuff like that so soon. Its scary how fast babies grow up! But its exciting too.

Moorea Seal said...

oh my goodness, what a cutie. this photo is so gorgeous. and what a little sassy girl, i bet she is going to be very independent when she is older. sounds like she already has a lot of will power. you go girlies!