Friday, October 16, 2009

Hashbrown Casserole

My casserole after breakfast

Every other Friday I get together with my friends and we have breakfast. We call it Breakfast Club. I started calling Breakfast Club because I used to meet up with friends at Biola and get breakfast every Friday morning. Its funny that here in Monterey we have Breakfast Club on Fridays too:)

This morning was our second breakfast and I wanted to bring hashbrowns. I didn't want to bring just plain ones, although those are good too. So I searched for a recipe and found a few. Its really simple and you don't even need to follow a recipe really. I was a bit nervous no one would like it but everyone enjoyed it!

Ingredients:
  • 1 stick of melted butter
  • 1-2 pound bag of hashbrowns thawed
  • 1 can of cream of chicken or mushroom soup
  • 8oz container of sour cream
  • 10 oz of shredded cheese
  • Either half or one whole chopped onion
Directions:
::Oven should be set to 350 and you should use a 9x13 casserole dish::
  • Grease casserole dish
  • Mix hashbrowns and melted butter
  • Mix in onions, sour cream, soup and cheese
  • Scoop into dish, sprinkle extra cheese, salt and pepper (or any seasonings you like, I used Lawrys)
  • Bake for 45minutes-1 hour
*I didn't use the whole container of sour cream, and I didn't use all of the soup. I just used most of it and judged from eyesight. Its really up to you how much you'd like to use. :)

1 comment:

Becca said...

Mmmm! I can't wait to try this!!