I was tagged by Karly as a TAM, also known as a Truly Authentic Mom. Normally when I get tagged I don't participate because I forget... But today I'm going to just sit down and do it because one, I like Karly and two, Riley is napping
. I guess I'm suppose to list 5 things that I think make me a TAM. Here is my list:
1. I'm pretty laid back when it comes to being a mom. I think I surprise myself sometimes... A lot of things that would scare a first time mom, don't seem to bother me. A lot of it has to do with how calm and relaxed my husband is, and his experience with children. Plus, I really want to enjoy every moment with Riley, without being worried the whole time.
2. I don't get a shower in everyday. I think that makes me a authentic mom:) It used to be because I was sleeping most of the day with Riley when she was a newborn. But now its because I'm busy doing things through out the day. Plus I'm learning its better for my skin and hair anyways.
3. While I'm not the mom that looks down on other women who don't breastfeed... I am, I'll admit, the mom who is a bit snobby when it comes to where I buy my childs clothes. I refuse to shop at places like Gymboree & the Childrens Place. I dislike them very much. And really, I'm not half as bad as my husband. We're more than excited to be able to buy boy clothes as well. We've already started in fact:)
4. I prefer hanging out with my friends who aren't parents because then we have conversations about other things besides babies and kids. Its hard when you're with another mom to talk about something other than your children. I don't really like telling people about Riley's latest accomplishments over and over. I feel like I'm being annoying and bragging too much.
5. Riley has more books than she does toys. We don't really like to buy her toys, and she prefers books anyways. If she could she'd have me read to her all day. When we do buy her a toy its a puzzle, or a wooden toy. Yes, she is that kid that will have mostly wooden toys.
I am tagging: