Saturday, March 28, 2009

An apology

So I realized that in that last post I sounded like all other parents that annoy me. I guess its just the parent in me coming out:)

I'm sorry I described every little detail about everything Riley is doing these days. I know you're not interested and when I read back on it I'm not that interested. I just sound like every other annoying mother! Haha. For the most part I wrote that for family and friends that aren't close or around. But I think it was a bit much. I promise the next update won't be like that.

I came to this realization that I don't want to be that mother that is always bragging and being obnoxious. I always get turned off to people when they are like that. I am proud of Riley but I don't want to it to come across like I think she's better than anyone elses babies and that I have nothing else to talk about. I hate people like that. I don't want to be like that in any way. I have a lot more to talk about! I hate when people just want to talk about their children. That gets boring and old. I know hate is a strong word but its how I feel. Leif and I have tried to make sure this blog isn't just about Riley... I'm sorry if it has been. I know I get annoyed hearing about how big a baby is, or how much they're eating now, or what new thing they're doing. Eek. Makes me want to throw up. I hope people know there is more to us than Riley:) We just think she's so cute and funny we want to share! But I'll make sure it isn't an overload. Leif does a better job than I do at this. And most of you whose blogs I follow. Never too much, and never too little. Just right. I'm going to work on this!

So again I'm sorry:)


Instead of a picture of Riley, here is a picture of Leif!

7 comments:

Madison {Life Happens During Naptime} said...

What are you talking about??? We all love the Riley updates!!!

Kate said...

I love Riley updates too!!! I never think you talk about her too much, and duh, I want a baby too!! I enjoy the updates -- each and every detail! :)

Chanel said...

if i had an adorable baby like riley i would update every little occurrence too! :)

Megan R. said...

Awww, I don't think it's obnoxious! I think it's fun to see what other babies are doing. If people don't want to read it, then they can skip it! Keep the updates coming! Besides, if this makes you an obnoxious mother, then I am too! See my most recent post??

Melissa Vossler said...

My best advice (after almost 6 years of blogging)?? Don't ever limit yourself and what you want to say and express. I write for my friends and family - but I also write as way for me to archive my life. I look back and read about my monotonous days with Lucas and am SOOOOO HAPPY that I spent time writing about every single thing we did together, or his little progressions. They are a history book of where my life was with a little 4 month old - or as a pregnant woman getting ready for her second child - or even now, as a mommy of two small children. It's not bragging, it's remembering. And trust me....you won't ever regret your bragging moments two years from now, when they bring you a find memory of your time with Riley. So keep it up.

K.W. said...

I loved the Riley post. Trust me it wasn't annoying at all. I love all your posts really. :)

Nikki said...

Ha! As one of your 'mommy friends', (hee hee) I ♥ to hear about Riley and how she's doing! I agree with Megan - if peeps don't want to read it, they can skip it! I use my blog to post about my life, my feelings, my views and a lot of times that includes Nicholas! Ha!