Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm liking the change.


Every week, as Riley changes, she becomes more alert and responsive. Its hard for me to remember when all she could do was sleep and eat. She's constantly interacting with Leif and I. Mostly with smiles and loud coo'ing. She attempts to laugh but so far its just this odd noise. The picture above is actually her in the middle of laughing. Riley totally scrunches up her nose while she laughs (or whatever you would call it) and I think its the cutest and funniest thing ever.

While she matures so many things change. Her sleeping habits. Her eating habits. She's becoming her own person with her own dislikes and likes. Its fun to watch and be part of. Everyday is like a new adventure. You're not really sure what you're going to get from her or what exactly to expect. We'll have a routine down and then suddenly a new routine will emerge.

I have to say I'm liking staying at home with her a lot more now. Before it was boring and I was running out of stuff to do. Now I can take her on walks in her stroller without the big carseat and play with her and have her respond to me. Don't get me wrong, I loved having a newborn and I can't wait to have another one. But I'm also loving having an infant who smiles whenever I talk to her and can play with me. I know its going to keep getting more fun as time goes on. While I'm looking forward to all the milestones ahead, I'm making sure I'm enjoying everyday. I know that before I know it she'll be walking and talking and feeding herself. Until then I'm going to enjoy changing every diaper, waking up with her at night and carrying her around in her carseat.

5 comments:

Megan R. said...

That is a GREAT picture!! The laughing is great, I can't get enough of it!!

Madison {Life Happens During Naptime} said...

Isn't it amazing how quickly they change?

Kelli said...

Aww! Marge she's adorable! I'm loving the new pics of her! Landyn has the cutest girlfriend ever!

Anonymous said...

The time flies bye so quick. Cherish every little moment.

E.Neckers said...

Such a cutie:) I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well!