Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Adjusting.

I love love love this picture.

I'm adjusting to life with two children. Its definitely a challenge. I think I've given up on getting places early or even on time. It doesn't matter how many times I pack the diaper bag two hours before we're suppose to leave or pack up the car early, there's always a diaper that needs to be changed or milk that needs to be wiped up. I've also come to terms with the fact that my house isn't going to get cleaned as fast as it once did. Some days, Leif will simply come home to a messy house and maybe even an empty table:)

I'm working on finding a new routine. The new one wasn't working so well anymore. At first I had a hard time with that. I didn't want to let go of the perfect schedule I had worked out for Riley and I. Yet, I had to. There was no way around it. I've now embraced the change and I'm loving trying to find a new way of running the house and taking care of the kids. So far I've learned that preparation is the key right now. I tend to be forgetful so I have to do a lot of my preparing the night before. I have to set out clothes for the babise, cut up veggies and fruits for Riley's breakfast and lunch. I have to make sure I restock the diaper bag or else we'll be out and there will be no diapers or snacks for Riley. And for me.

There are times when I feel like everything is getting out of my control and I panic a little. A quick prayer usually calms my nerves, and suddenly the situation isn't as terrible as it seemed a minute ago. God's good like that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this. I am starting to try and figure out how drastic my schedule will change once our next one arrives.
Glad to know that I need to start learning to be flexible! =)

Ms. J said...

What a precious pic of you and Riley! Hope you find the perfect schedule soon and everyone adjusts- he is still so little, it will come in time.

Blake said...

LOVE the photo of you and Riley!

I completely understand where you are coming from as far as preparation goes. I do the same thing with setting out clothes, preparing food and snacks, and re stocking diaper bags...it really helps a ton! :-)

I am glad you are adjusting and hope you find peace in a new routine soon. :-)

Unknown said...

Such a precious photo. I love reading your posts because you are always so positive and make me smile.

You make me want to be a mom! :)

Hope you get that routine down I am sure it will come. Hope you have an awesome day with your 2* Children :)